I'm working my way down my project list and finally got to my hot water tank.
The PO just told me that it didn't work.  I was getting 120V at the heating
element so I checked the element and it was fried.

I installed a new element and turned it on for a test. Got hot water after
about 10 min, so I went to close everything up. But when I was doing that I
touched the pressure relief valve and got a small shock.

The green ground wire runs to one of the mouting bolts on the heating element
and also to the water tank frame. So that seems ok. I also checked for
continuity between the hot and neutral wires and the relief valve or frame and
got none.

So i'm puzzled. The shock wasn't big, but i definitely felt something. Any
ideas???

Thanks,

Mike
Atacama 33 mk ii