My hot water tank was failing as well and I’m in the middle of putting in a
replacement — the hard part was getting the old one out of the tight space
under the galley.

I decided to go with an on-demand water heater which will either be powered by
shore power or an inverter (2000W) while the engine is running. Here’s the one
I picked:
http://m.rakuten.com/product/263816304?listingid=337903396&adid=29963&sclid=pla_google_Zoro

<http://m.rakuten.com/product/263816304?listingid=337903396&adid=29963&sclid=pla_google_Zoro>

And here is old and new side-by-side:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15162917/ENTERPRISE/heaters.jpg
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15162917/ENTERPRISE/heaters.jpg>

I’ll try to finish it up over the next couple of weeks, but if not, it’ll be a
quick winter project.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay