Hi Paul,
     I agree that 1/4" is too thin.  The other 37+ at my club has 5/16"  It
amazes me that people with no marine design experience would change the
design.  I plan to go with 3/8" acrylic.  But then again...

    The problem with Lexan (which is a polycarbonate) is that it is less
scratch resistant than Plexiglas (acrylic).  You are probably trading one
problem for another.

     As for Plexus vs Silka 295, I am really torn.  The write-up in the
Photo Album suggest that Plexus will be flexible enough if (big if) the
bond thickness is large enough.  To that end he added glass beads to the
adhesive to make sure the bond thickness didn't get thinner than 0.030".

     Thoughts, anyone?

Gary
S/V High Maintenance
'90 C&C 37 Plus