Gary:

I sent you the process I used 'off list'.

The 2 forward windows on my boat are also curved.....not exactly sure how much but it is noticeable.....you can get a better idea when you take the old windows out and lay them on a flat surface. I used Sika 295 UV with the Sika primer and I also wondered if this adhesive would hold the curved window(s) in place. It's been 6 seasons and no problems.

Before installing the new windows, I wondered how I was going to 'brace them' while the Sika cured. I explained all of that in my 'off list' email to you. Any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2015-10-21 11:07 PM, Gary Russell via CnC-List wrote:
Fred,
The VHB tape with DOW Corning 795 Silicone Sealant is starting to look like and attractive method. I am replacing the windows over the winter, also. We should keep in touch. Do I assume you would use the gray VHB tape with the gray silicone sealant? I am wondering if the VHB tape will be a problem with peel. My cabin sides are curved, so the windows will have to be bent slightly to conform to the side of the cabin. I wonder if that will be a problem with the 3/8" thick acrylic trying to return to a flat shape?

Gary