Well you are indeed a lucky duck -

Congrats on dodging a expensive bullet!

Bill Coleman

C&C 39 Erie, PAanimated_favicon1

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of davepulaski
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 3:41 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: davepulaski
Subject: Stus-List Hydrolocked!

Good news!

I was able to resolve the hydrolock with no apparent ill effect on the engine!
It was quite an easy fix as well, didn't even need to mess with the injectors.

Here's what I did, following a suggestion of someone on this thread:

I disconnected the exhaust hose from the manifold and connected my shop vac to
the header outlet.   Then, with the vac running and all three decompression
levers open, I turned the engine by hand a few times from the main pulley, then
spun it a bit with the starter motor.

After closing the decompression levers, reconnecting the exhaust and setting up
my water feed bucket - this time in the aft cabin and NOT up in the cockpit - I
went for ignition.  It fired up more readily than I expected, and ran great
with no new vibrations or noises.  The raw water pump impeller was completely
intact and looked like new.

The oil was a little milky so I changed that twice, ran the motor for a while
to get it up to temp, then finally winterized it from the bucket.

Hooray for a lesson learned without injury or great expense.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

-Dave

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2