Dave:

I am no VHB expert.....have never used the stuff. I understand there are many different versions, at least that what I get from the website below.

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/67100O/3mtm-vhb-tapes.pdf

Point being, make sure you get the right tape for the job you intend to use it.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2015-11-09 8:40 PM, Dave Godwin via CnC-List wrote:
More response to this thread; I’ve been working on the fixed ports on my boat over the last few days and and paying close attention. After absorbing a good bit of the info in the thread and the links provided, I’m planning on moving away from using Plexus ("if it was good enough for my grandfather it’s good enough for me!”) and using the 3M tape. Seems the more modern ticket to me.

I’m anticipating the operation to be a good bit easy than using Plexus, certainly if it is just one person doing the job.

Cheers,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay