Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 14:41:17 -0500
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Diesel Heaters and installation
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
CC: stevanpla...@gmail.com

Hi All,
I'm starting to look at the Espar and Webasto units. Is anyone running one on a
32? There's a good price jump from the Espar D2 to the D4. The literature
indicates the D2 is good to 26 feet of boat, so it sounds like I need the D4 :(
My use is Georgian Bay, just want to extend the season, not living aboard in
the winter. The boat is two hours away so there will be "maintenance" trips in
the spring and fall which means sleeping aboard, it can get quite cold up
there.
I have to keep the temps warm for the boat parrot who'll be living aboard with
us while we cruise. We're planning three weeks in August this year so it
shouldn't be too much of an issue but it gets cold up there at night, even in
August. I imagine a D2 would be fine for cold summer nights but I have ideas
about maybe cruising the North Channel when the fall colours are out. I don't
want to limit myself. At the same time, I don't want to spend money that could
go elsewhere.
The Newport Dickinson Diesel bulkhead heaters are pretty but I hear they don't
make quite enough heat. I'm leaning this way for the cost, but don't want to be
disappointed. Everyone says the Espar and Webastos are best.
I'de be doing the installation myself in any case so am eager to hear from
others who have gone through it.
Thanks,
SteveSuhana, C&C 32Toronto