Why don't you start a discussion about replacing the A4 with something safer, like a diesel? :)

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35  mk-1
        Vancouver Island
Gone sailing but couldn't resist that one!

At 06:56 AM 07/02/2016, you wrote:
Ok, so it looks like I shouldn't be installing one of these in the engine compartment of my gasoline powered boat:

Warning - Explosion HazardÂ
1. Heater must be turned off while re-fueling.Â
2. Do not install heater in enclosed areas where combustible fumes may be present.Â
3. Do not install heaters in engine compartments of gasoline powered boats.

Boo.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 6:43 AM, Ken Heaton via CnC-List <<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote: I've never needed to start the engine to get the Espar to start. It has always started and run fine off the batteries.

Ken H.

On 6 February 2016 at 14:52, Graham Collins via CnC-List <<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote: The Espar has an air intake hose, so provided the end of the hose is clear of any fumes you are good to go. You could connect that through 'to the main cabin if you wanted for enhanced piece of mind. If you have flammable vapor in your main cabin then all bets are off...

And these things are pretty miserly, I might go through a gallon or two while working on the boat in the winter. So a tiny fuel tank would be adequate.

I'm surprised at Bill's comment about startup draw, I run mine off batteries all the time and have never had an issue.

Graham Collins

Secret Plans

C&C 35-III #11