I paid a professional to do mine last summer. Your price is not bad. It is more difficult than it looks. I ended up with new heads as there was a hairline crack in the head. He found it by xray, I believe. We ran into difficulty finding a the new head and found it in Wisconsin. Had I tried this myself, I may not have found the crack and therefore would have made a real mess of the repair and spent a bunch more money doing it again. Just my thoughts on having gone through this.

------ Original Message ------
From: "David via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "CNC CNC" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "David" <davidrisc...@msn.com>
Sent: 9/8/2016 2:40:32 PM
Subject: Stus-List 3QM30 Head Gasket

So...we are leaving harbor to make our way down to Mystic for the Rendezvous. As I usually do I turn around and check the exhaust for water and color.

Today the color as darkish grey and it looked like oil was coming out as well.

I do an immediate 180 and go back to the mooring.

Mechanic is out within the hour and confirms my suspicions. Head gasket. To do the job right (injectors, planing head etc) he estimates $2,500 to $3,000. I think the price is fair but I wonder if I could do it myself. Anyone have any experiences around this? I am a fair mechanic, but I don't want to be penny-wise of pound foolish and I have never done anything like this before.

Thanks in advance...

David F. Risch
1981 40-2
(401) 419-4650 (cell)