Hi Randy,

C&C did not supply sails as part of the purchase of a new boat. That
practice started much later and was certainly the case when I was with
Hunter. Sailmakers competed to supply sails to the individual C&C owners,
sometimes through the dealers. While with C&C I had the pleasure of sailing
Bermuda Races with Charlie Ulmer and Dave Lindsey of Ulmer Sails, Block
Island Race week with John Marshall and Hans Fogh of North Sails, Onion
Patch with Robby Doyle, and many other events with other talented
sailmakers from a number of different brands.

A lot of C&Cs were sold on the Lakes, and a lot of those Great Lakes
sailmakers supplied early sails, but not necessarily through C&C. However,
that being said, C&C maintained a good working relationship with a number
of individual sailmakers as stated above, and if asked for advice by the
new boat owner, could direct them or even introduce them to those
individuals. If a sailmaker was supplying winning sails and was willing to
work to make C&Cs perform on the race course, then a recommendation would
be beneficial for all parties involved.

I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about a sail brand called Irish.

Rob