From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Leslie Paal
via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2016 3:49 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Leslie Paal
Subject: Re: Stus-List 1973 custom C&C 43' - hull/deck joint (toe rail
replacement?)

In this case you do not need to replace the toe rail, just re-bed it after
cleaning up everything.  Still a major job.

Leslie.
Phoenix C&C32 1983

On Sun, 11/13/16, Violeta Ivanova via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

replacement?)
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
 Cc: "Violeta Ivanova" <vmivan...@gmail.com>
 Date: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 11:45 AM

 Thanks, Bob. This is
 great information! I was wondering where one might find  scale drawings. I
will contact the museum.

 Good to hear removing
 the toe rail will not affect the joint structurally. I  thought it might, but
it doesn't seem to be the case.

 Thanks for all
 the links to vendors! I am replying here to everyone who  responded, so I
don't send multiple emails.

 Ken - yes, it is the slotted
 aluminum toe rail. As far as I know, the reasons for  replacement are leaks
and corrosion. I was not involved in  the decision to replace the toe rail. The
C&C 43'
 belongs to my university, and I am one of her skippers.
 Great boat!

 I had not seen
 the do it yourself album yet - very useful, thanks. I am  poking around  the
website now - great resource!

 We tried Holland Marine already, but they  didn't have our toe rail. Rob
McLaughlin and Klacko  Spars are new names for me - thanks for the links. If
anyone  can think of other possible sources for that toe rail,  please let me
know.

 Violeta

 On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at
 10:19 AM, robertlmazza via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>