<http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-128-oz-Industrial-Purple-Degreaser-ZU0856128/100047759>

Bill Bina

On 1/17/2017 2:54 PM, Joel Aronson via CnC-List wrote:
I removed two of my mast mounted winches as they are overdue for service (about 25 years overdue). That was a job in itself, as the bolts had fused to the aluminum mounting plates. A combination of PB Blaster, vinegar and acetone, along with a hammer and screwdrivers got them off.

The grease is a gummy mess. Any recommendations on a non-flammable solvent I can soak them in? I'm working in the garage, so diesel and kerosene are out.

Joel