Hi Listers,

Snow Goose spent the last 20 years docked in a slip with shore power, and
I'm moving her to a mooring. I plan on adding a solar system to recharge my
batteries during the week.

The boat will primarily be raced/daysailed, and occasionally overnighted,
on the weekends. My power draws are an automatic bilge pump, sailing
instruments, a chart plotter, and the freshwater tank pressure pump. I have
two 79AH Group 24 AGM batteries onboard, one in each bank, wired to a 4 way
selector switch.

My plan is to install a 50W 12V Monocrystalline Solar Panel connected to a
BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 controller, and connect them to the house battery. I
am planning on installing a Xantrex Echo Charger between the house battery
and the starter battery.

Does this system make sense? I've read mixed reviews about the Echo
Charger, but I can't find a better way of charging two batteries from a
single panel/MPPT controller. Is there a different setup that makes more
sense?

Thanks and best,
Tom

 ---