Hi Josh,
     I guess I was assuming the alternator was connected to the house
battery and the start battery failed.  Then one would assume that the house
battery had been charged by the alternator and switching to it should start
the engine.  On the other hand, if the start battery was primary and failed
it seems that the house battery might not be charged because the ACR
wouldn't switch to the house battery to charge it until the start battery
was successfully charged.  No?

Gary