Listers:

    I recently had my chart table refurbished by a carpenter who does very nice
woodwork.  Unfortunately, the refurbished chart table highlights that other
areas of woodwork need some TLC, most notably the teak ply bulkhead wall that
the chart table connects to.  Certain areas of teak surface appear lighter in
color than other areas.  Any suggestions on refinishing the teak veneer that a
non-expert can safely undertake?  Is sanding too risky due to the thinness of
the veneer?

    Matt Wolford