I hold a 75 Tom Ocean Operatoms license.

It was Not dragging a net and not fishing.  Just booms down.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: JP Mail via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: 7/18/17 3:42 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: JP Mail <jon.peterpr...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Rules of the Road

Correct. This guy had stabilizers out and dragging a net.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 18, 2017, at 3:23 PM, Joel Aronson via CnC-List

"Fishing" means a commercial vessel dragging gear, not some guy trolling.

Joel

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 3:19 PM, JP Mail via CnC-List
Vessel engaged in Fishing is restricted in her ability to move and has the
right away over sailing vessel.
Yeah, just got the 6 pack license.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 18, 2017, at 2:07 PM, David via CnC-List

We were powered up on a broad reach with a chute heading eastward down LIS
doing about 9 knots with just Lady Di and I.  Clear  September weekday so empty
waters.  And a rare morning sail with great wind from the right direction.

Fishing dragger with stabilizers down is slowing bearing down on us from
astern.   30 minutes later and he would have run right up our transom if I did
not alter course and risk a roundup in the process

Prick was on bridge.  Wouldnt answer radio.

Some of those commercial guys just have a bad attitude towards us "yachties"

Either it's black or white with them...competent or maliciously incompetent.

1981 40-2.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone