From: Violeta M I via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 04:39
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Violeta M I
Subject: Re: Stus-List Renaming ceremony

Hi Doug and everyone,

I've always wondered about the proper ceremony to rename a boat. I'll have to
do it, too!

How do you "dename" a boat? I've heard one should write the old name on a piece
of paper, burn it, and throw the ashes in the sea. What do you do with the
champagne (other than drink some/lots)? Do you break a bottle? (Fire and glass
on board ... great.)

Are there separate ceremonies for denaming and naming? Doug's email seems to
suggest so. What does one do on naming day?

When it comes to appeasing the sea gods, one might as well cover all bases.

Fair winds,

Violeta

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 1:42 AM, svpegasus38 via CnC-List