If you race, check the regs about using Amsteel.  I think the concern was
about the attachments; not the Amsteel itself.  Amsteel may no longer be
acceptable as race rigging for lifelines.  If you use wire, make sure it is
not covered.  Use bare wire.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 7:47 AM, Chris Hobson via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> The surveyor when I bought the boat said I could replace the standing
> rigging myself one wire at a time. Of course I had a lot of gusto when I
> first purchased her and balls to hoist atop and unclip 37 year old standing
> rigging. Today I have the phone number of a rigger who was recommended to
> inspect my original rig and lifelines, expecting a hefty price tag I am
> keen on the idea of at least doing the lifelines myself. Digging around I
> found these hand-crimping lifeline fittings from Bosun http://www.
> bosunsupplies.com/Lifeline-Fittings-Hand-Crimp/
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.bosunsupplies.com_Lifeline-2DFittings-2DHand-2DCrimp_&d=DwMFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=9w3G7Cf8YfQnrjmtuNxwDJYr3JMv9f1pAfgAJ9xXYQQ&m=3EX_tc2gC3wdiwQAB1HRf3KBpQm3V7QXGnfemYNvrnU&s=os6Vu94kgXBv4_KPVN42oGKZAqoCNplsh97MthlFpXw&e=>
>  anyone
> had any experience replacing their lifelines and any lessons they could
> pass on? I’m sure having the rigging replaced could mean a deal on the
> lifelines, but wanted to explore my options.
>
> Chris Hobson
> S/V Going
> 1980 C&C MKI
> Hull 615

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.
> paypal.me_stumurray&d=DwICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN
> 0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=9w3G7Cf8YfQnrjmtuNxwDJYr3JMv9f1pAfgAJ9xXYQQ&m=3EX_
> tc2gC3wdiwQAB1HRf3KBpQm3V7QXGnfemYNvrnU&s=DTZK6JP1qNsgrVKyariabpN8fUZtdZ
> YYxIwC7e8O1HE&e=

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC