I used Awlcraft 2000 for the hull and the decks. I had already decided to use
it after talking to the Alexseal rep (good stuff, same as Awlcraft 2000) and
when conferring with my painter he said that that was they only shot Awlcraft
on new builds and repairs. Another former professional painter from Zimmerman
Marine preferred it.

I’ve been able do some buffing of areas with a bit of orange peel.
Repairability was tops on my list both because I was going to be doing the
painting and because I run into things. Often...

As far as it not being as “beautiful” as Awlgrip, well, I’m fairly certain that
no-one can tell the difference between well-done Awlcraft and Awlgrip. Maybe a
professional.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin