So I’m crowd-sourcing this question that I have. Always good ideas and
experiences here.

I purchased a Lewmar Ocean Hatch 60 (shout-out to Fred Street) last year and am
now getting ready to install it as a replacement for the Atkins-Hoyle hatch
that I buggered up removing it prior to painting the decks. The original hatch
used what are I believe (threw away all the originals like a dope…) #14
stainless steel sheet metal screws screwed into the deck. No through-bolting.
Twenty of those and butyl. Worked pretty well for 30-plus years

The new Lewmar specifies through-bolting the frame, using #12 machine screws
and nuts. Let’s just say that I am really reluctant to run bolts through my
overhead and having to stare at them when lying and looking upwards in the
v-berth.

So, what have those who have replaced their original hatches done?

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay