      From: Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: CnClist <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:50 PM
 Subject: Re: Stus-List Hatch replacement experiences.

Dave,
I haven't done exactly what you describe but have done similar work.  If it was
me, I'd fill the old holes with thickened epoxy and go with the #12 fasteners.
You didn't say if the new bolt pattern completely or partially overlaid the A&H
hatch.  If it matches, overbore and fill.
In fact, if you overbored and filled regardless you'd probably end up with a
strong bond.  My thinking is that the deck is only 1/4-3/8 inch or so.  So the
fastener is only grabbing that much.  If you overbore carefully down to the top
of the headliner and fill with thickened epoxy, you'll have a plug that is
thicker than the original deck.  More material for the fastener to grab.
Measure the depth of the hole before you fill so you'll have a good idea of
what length fastener to use.
Dennis C.Touche' 35-1 #83Mandeville, LA
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Dave Godwin via CnC-List