Okay, so I post a question, sign off and go to dinner. Catch a TV show and roll
off to bed. Wake up the next day and see, not surprisingly, that there are
great suggestions and good examples on both sides of the problem.

Also see that the thread has take a bit of an off-beat turn. Again, not
surprising knowing this list.  šŸ˜‰

Anyway, Dennis and Tom, thanks. Given that EVERY hole in my deck was filled
with low-densify West
System prior to painting, Iā€™m in good shape replacing the remaining original
Atkins-Hoyle hatch. The new Lewmar has fewer screw-holes so I will make sure to
drill-and-fill on those but I did a good bit of filling and fairing so the
mating surface will be pristine.

I will use the #12 and #14 S.S. screws and butyl per original C&C installation.

Danny, no, there is no ā€œheadlinerā€ as I think you mean it. On this model the
deck is molded and a GRP liner glued to the overhead and then the whole unit
bolted to the hull. There are no teak frames around any ports or hatches.

Gary, Fred and Dave, thanks for the sound advice on not exposing my nutsā€¦.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay