Fred,

I agree.  That is why I renewed the documentation on Corsair when Michigan declared the use of number boards no longer met the registration number display requirements.  I also did display my Michigan Registration sticker (separate decal from reg numbers) on the mast (each side).

Michigan is clear that you don't need to display the reg numbers on a documented boat.

Neil Schiller
1983 C&C 35-3, #028
"Grace"
White Lake Michigan