From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Matthew L.
Wolford via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 9:11 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Matthew L. Wolford <wolf...@erie.net>
Subject: Stus-List Stripped threads question

Listers:

    Currently doing some mast work and needed to remove and reinstall a couple
stainless steel exit plates.  The plates are held in place with four stainless
machine bolts (10-24 or thereabouts), which screw into threaded holes in the
aluminum mast.  I discovered that the threads were stripped in several of the
holes – probably due to dissimilar metals.  Aside from drilling and tapping new
or larger holes (which I prefer to not do), is there some other way to
reconstitute the threads to hold the screws in place.  Strength is not really
an issue.  I was thinking about coating the screws in epoxy or something, but I
figured someone on the list may know some other trick.  Thanks in advance.

    Matt Wolford

    C&C 42 Custom