Watching this thread with interest. Currently have 6,000 lbs of exposed lead
(yes, not safe or ideal…) sitting in a cradle in the yard. FWIW, a former owner
of “Ronin” sliced off the top layer of below waterline gelcoat and recoated
everything with epoxy. And apparently the keel was dropped during this process.
What is interesting is that epoxy was used when the keel was bolted back up…

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay