Thanks for the plug, but I would suggest supporting a LOCAL business so you’ll
have a source for various pieces and parts in the future.  I think most
reputable rope makers have products for most running rigging applications and
even though I work for a rope maker, I have several lines on my boat made by a
competitor.  Or as some suggest, you want a particular color pattern, not every
company markets solid color ropes.
Novabraid, as a manufacturing company doesn’t sell direct to end users but has
retail outfitters in Canada, USA, and in several other countries.  If anyone
needs info on our products specific to C&Cs, don’t hesitate to email me, even
if I don’t make what you’re looking for or if your local shop wants to buy just
a cut length to make some sheets or a halyard for you. We have options for that.
Again, I appreciate the positive feedback from the list  but I want to make it
clear that my goal in entering into rope discussions is to educate but not to
sway you to buying any particular brand.  Every rope sales rep I’ve worked with
are really good guys and do a great job representing their company.  And we
pretty much all complete against each other around the buoys.
Chuck Gilchrest
S/V Half Magic
1983 35 Landfall
Padanaram MA