Hi Jim,

My first question is, "Did someone recommend and use stainless steel bolts, say 316L, as the "best" for marine application?"

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35mk-1

At 11:48 AM 5/23/2018, you wrote:
The boat in question is an 81 landfall 38.
The v-drive coupling bolts have sheared off 3 times and caused loss of power.
Have been very careful to pause when changing gears.
The westerbeak engine runs great throughout all this. The shaft removed and checked after the second time. The 2 bladed max prop sent back and rebuilt. New motor mounts installed by po when replacing engine. About 4 years ago (<200 hours on engine) coupling. Allignment done each time and found okay. I am looking for advice, suggestions, similar situations and corrections. HELP
Losing confidence in boat.
Thanks
Jim schwartz
SEA YA I