My boat came setup from the PO with a cabin top mainsheet control to a
cabin top winch.  It was painfully under powered even with the winch.  My
traveler is located in the cockpit on the aft edge of the forward bench.  I
had previously, on other boats, only ever used a 4:1 mainsheet which was
trimmed at the traveler.  A convenient setup for tacking with a limited
crew or singlehanded.

The PO had tried a 6:1 or 8:1 trimmed at the traveler but justifiably
complained that there was too much extra line to be tripped on and tangled
in the cockpit or thrown below in the cabin.

I had seen the stacked fiddle block setup that makes 3:1/6:1 or 4:1/8:1.
While innovative, I decided that the bulk of the line would still be under
foot in the cockpit 95% of the time.

I ended up designing a cascading system which gives me a 12:1 "tweaker"
which is readily available in the cockpit and a 3:1 which runs to the cabin
top winch for the deep down wind runs.  TBH the tweaker and the traveler
together usually give enough range for all but the deepest down wind runs.
Even though the 3:1 is terminated at a winch it is extremely rare that we
need to use it since the traveler and tweaker are available to make up for
that which the 3:1 cannot.

Based in your picture it appears that my setup may be useful on your boat.
Basically you would eliminate either the port or starboard control which
you currently have.  Install a 4:1 or 6:1 fiddle block between boom and
traveler, and have the free end now terminate with a cam cleat at the
traveler side.  With no other purchase changes it looks like a 4:1 could be
arranged to produce 5:1 compounded with the existing 2:1 and you would have
10:1.  With the compromise of more line on the deck you could push it to
12:1 or 14:1 with the application of a 6:1 instead.  Here is a link to some
pictures of my setup.  If you need more description or better pictures just
let me know.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8pEh5lnvP1yY3Qtbi1VSllwM3M

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk