From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Chuck Borge
via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 11:07 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Chuck Borge
Subject: Re: Stus-List mainsheet set-up

Josh,
Thanks for jumping in.
[image1.gif]
For reference, it looks like this diagram.
The traveler is on the bridge deck. The problem is the purchase. I might add a
triple at the top and move the double to the bottom. That will give me 3:1
instead. But it doesn’t solve my wanting to trim the jib on the aft winches.
Before I go buy a more traditional cascading set up like the Ronstan RP72900
4:1/8:1, I want to think it out.

Best,
Chuck

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2018, at 10:14 PM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List
Chuck,

Any chance you have some pictures?  I tried google and sailboatdata but can't
tell if your boat has a cabin top traveler or a cockpit traveler?

Just for clarity, are you having trouble trimming the traveler or the mainsheet?

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018, 9:54 PM Chuck Borge via CnC-List
Hi Listers,

Anyone with a C&C 41 have suggestions on a mainsheet set-up?
My new-to-me boat has a "German" mainsheet set-up that runs to the runner
winches.  It's supposed to be the hot set-up but I'm not impressed.
Since I'm using a 97% r/f jib, I find tacking that alone using the runner
winches to be pretty easy, but what to do with the main?   Also the 2:1 nature
of the German set-up is not really that easy to trim, even with the winches.
I'm thinking I'd like a 4:1/8:1 more traditional set-up or a reasonable
suggestion(?).
Thanks in advance for the help.

Chuck Borge
C&C 41 Tenacious