Chuck,

While I can’t comment on the winged-keel version specifically, I’ve had my 1990
C&C 37+ for 13 years now (the Enterprise-A was a 1978 C&C 34) and can’t say
enough about how wonderful a boat it is.

SAILING
She’s responsive, points well and can handle heavier wind and chop better than
pretty much any other boat in her class. For cruising, I find the 135% jib to
be perfect in just about every wind range - never overpowered and can easily
hit 7.2 knots (or, as we say on my boat, Warp 7.2) on the jib alone (Pic
<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_pUcUZefrfY/UG2byO27YdI/AAAAAAAABlk/VKt3WcYZ9Mw/s1600/Day1Sailing.jpg>).
 Once you get the boat, if it doesn’t already have one, I would suggest
installing a “Stack Pack” system for the main (Pic1
<https://1.bp.blogspot.com/--rq4wL9px58/WzKrXnRU01I/AAAAAAAACkY/EXHBCCqq2VYx1quwGz6VDIPiAzbczsIBACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_1799.jpg>
 | Pic 2
<https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-33ZcliySMzU/WzKrX6K_jeI/AAAAAAAACkc/P5owuAsTLfQxP0NMz-5Qn5h7UR-odJVwQCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_1800.jpg>)
 as, without one, getting the main up or down, especially in a breeze, can be a
multi-person job between the flaking and sail ties (Pic
<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4EYiOA4Hduw/UmPsvAdxjvI/AAAAAAAACDI/yUNXs-g6U3Q/s1600/sailsdown.JPG>).

ACCOMODATIONS
She is simply a cruiser’s dream. The biggest complaint I’ve heard about
monohulls is that it feels like you’re in a basement. Not true with the 37/40
series. It’s light, airy and very comfortable. The V-berth forward cabin in
spacious with LOTS of storage, the main cabin bright, has great ventilation,
and between the starboard-side u-shaped seating (Pic
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/spvg3fycdx4191r/IMG_0810.JPG?dl=0>), the port-side
bench seating (Pic
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/zz6yi3vt4vi8kkq/IMG_0811.JPG?dl=0>), the nav table
and the L-shaped galley, you won’t be bumping into each other. The head is
bigger than some cruise-ship bathrooms with a separate enclosed shower stall
(with seat too!) and that aft cabin with the centerline island queen bed is
just phenomenal (Pic
<https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XyGMCtYJiI0/WcP2LVtir0I/AAAAAAAAChg/w3hLq4shrigv5u01cWeoghTnzlOhvt9UgCLcBGAs/s1600/bed.JPG>).
 She will be the envy of all your friends and, if you’re lucky, you may get a
white-bearded C&C 30 MkII owner come aboard and say things like “I f-in hate
you” and who tells other C&C’ers “Don’t go back there” when they start inching
towards your aft cabin.

MAINTENANCE
What’s better on a boat than doing projects and customizing? I’m often amazed
at how much access there is to wiring and other systems. And engine access is
on three-sides (some have added a fourth side hatch in their head) making
engine work pretty easy with less blood-covered knuckles.

Some additional under-sail (racing) photos (Pic1
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/jk70wtpocxhm5m0/Scan10043.JPG?dl=0> | Pic2
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/efsjhnkw3qvw5dj/Scan10041.JPG?dl=0> | Pic 3
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1exc0yuzn6fq9m/race1-raw-closeup.png?dl=0> | Pic 4
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/ieixco4khf11gf8/DownwindFinish.jpg?dl=0>)

Seriously, it’s such an amazing boat that, even after 25 years, the designer
can’t help but stare (Pic
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdlqr438yyab1c9/Ball.png?dl=0>)

Feel free to contact me off list should you need any specific info or insights.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise