Thank you Stephen, great info.  Boat would be used primarily on flat water in
the finger lakes region of NY,  perhaps a few weeks during the summer on Lake
Ontario, but not often.

      From: Stephen Kidd via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Stephen Kidd <stephenk...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:12 PM
 Subject: Stus-List 1982 C&C 25

I've had my C&C 25 MK II  (1980) for just over a year now. We're having a great
time with it. The cabin is what really drew me to her, and it's just right for
glorified camping! It has an 8 hp Honda outboard long shaft mounted on the
transom. I'm on the Potomac near DC, so the prop stays comfortably in the
water. I certainly had some frustrating hobby-horsing on the Chesapeake where
the prop was spending far too much time out of the water. It was pretty choppy
though. The 25 handles far better under sail.
I'd love to go electric, but the upgrade would be about what I paid for the
vessel :-). Also, the toe rail and hull/deck joints have needed some attention
as noted earlier. There was also a not-very-elegant silicone caulking repair
along the hull/deck joint. I removed most of that, put in some butyl tape and
re-tightened the fasteners. Took about 30 minutes. So far, so good! The PO did
some mast step repairs, so that's clearly worth checking too. That said, I went
in about as ignorant as can be and consider myself lucky to have stumbled onto
the C&C 25.
Best of luck!StephenC&C 25 - Sweet ChariotWashington DC