I looked at a few C&C 25 Mk 2's before I bought my Mk 1.

Some of the early C&C 25 Mk 2's had an issue where that arch over the door in
the cabin supports the mast step.  I believe there was a recall to reinforce
the area and then at some point in the production run a design change.

With an extra long shaft outboard (25 inch) and a properly located bracket you
won't have a problem with the prop coming out of the water.  I have a 6 hp
Tohatsu 4-stroke extra long shaft.  You will have to raise and tilt the
outboard to keep the prop from dragging when sailing, though.

Under the best of circumstances an outboard on a transom bracket is a PITA.
The extra long shaft outboard is a bit heavier than long shaft models, so don't
go with any larger of a power head than you need.  I basically only use my
outboard to get home if the wind dies when I'm out sailing.  There can be a
significant weight difference among different outboard brands for the same hp
rating.  You might even consider trying to find a used 2-stroke, as they're
considerably lighter.  Don't skimp on the bracket.  Get a heavy duty bracket
with the spring assist or even the bracket with hydraulic assist.

Other than the outboard transom bracket, both the 25 Mk 1 and Mk2  are great
boats.

Mark
'73 C&C 25 Mk 1