I've had my C&C 25 MK II  (1980) for just over a year now. We're having a
great time with it. The cabin is what really drew me to her, and it's just
right for glorified camping! It has an 8 hp Honda outboard long shaft
mounted on the transom. I'm on the Potomac near DC, so the prop stays
comfortably in the water. I certainly had some frustrating hobby-horsing on
the Chesapeake where the prop was spending far too much time out of the
water. It was pretty choppy though. The 25 handles far better under sail.

I'd love to go electric, but the upgrade would be about what I paid for the
vessel :-). Also, the toe rail and hull/deck joints have needed some
attention as noted earlier. There was also a not-very-elegant silicone
caulking repair along the hull/deck joint. I removed most of that, put in
some butyl tape and re-tightened the fasteners. Took about 30 minutes. So
far, so good! The PO did some mast step repairs, so that's clearly worth
checking too. That said, I went in about as ignorant as can be and consider
myself lucky to have stumbled onto the C&C 25.

Best of luck!
Stephen
C&C 25 - Sweet Chariot
Washington DC