Joel,

Anchoring is pretty new to us but the goal is to stay in 15 feet or less.  So, you point is well taken.

Fred,

I was considering the 90 feet of chain option.  Isn't the rule of thumb 7:1 including the free board?  I mean, still, 90 feet of chain laid out on the bottom should be plenty to keep that anchor at a good angle.

Given our very limited experience with anchoring I was thinking I should go over and above but, if that's not necessary why spend the money, right?  John Over at SL apares said he would run some calculations to know how much chain the windlass can handle so, maybe that will make the decision for me.

Danny