1983 C&C 35-3, #028, "Grace"
Whitehall, Michigan
WLYC

On 12/4/2018 8:57 AM, Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List wrote:
I replaced my water heater last year. When it was still installed, I tried to remove the anode from it. I tried various options and nothing worked. When I removed it from the boat, I managed to unscrew it. You need the proper leverage. In my case the close quarters did not help. A bigger wrench or a stronger arm should help. But you need a good purchase in the first place.
Marek
1994 C270 Legato
Ottawa, ON
*From:* Josh Muckley via CnC-List
*Sent:* Tuesday, December 4, 2018 00:01
*To:* C&C List
*Cc:* Josh Muckley
*Subject:* Re: Stus-List replacing anodes
As for the water heater, it sounds like you need to get a bigger pipe wrench.  I'll PM you a picture I took of mine tonight.  It is about 4 years old and looking pretty rough.  I think it will last at least through till next year.
Use a shop-vac to suck out the other piece of the anode from the engine.
Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD