Can you come in stern to?
Prop walk, etc. is exacerbated when moving slowly in forward or reverse.
If there is open water near your slip, get going with rudder control in
reverse, gird your loins, tell yourself you can do it and with judicious use of
throttle, neutral and reverse drive your stern into the slip in one fell swoop!
When, not if, you misjudge the approach, put her in forward, go back to open
water and repeat.
This puts you and the stern well into the slip where you can more easily reach
dock lines AND allows you to stop the boat using forward gear—for which it was
designed.
Once one gets used to driving with the wheel and controls at their back, it
gets easier.Plus leaving the slip in forward reduces any prop walk especially
with some way on—not for the faint of heart but once your speed in forward or
reverse allows the rudder to control your boat’s destiny, you can forget about
prop walk!
Charlie NelsonWater Phantom1995 C&C 36XL/kcb

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
 On Thursday, January 24, 2019, Mark Anthony Watson via CnC-List