We have a 1981 C&C34 and want to do an inspection of the chain within the
binnacle that connects to the steering cable.  To do this the cable must be
disconnected from the quadrant in order to pull the chain up through the
binnacle once the compass is removed. Once out I intend to inspect the links
for cracks with a magnifying glass.  The wire cable itself has a screw
fitting swaged on to it and the screw fitting passes through a hole in the
quadrant and is secured with two nuts.  With the nuts backed off the screw
fitting would not budge, and it appears the stainless screw is corroded in
the hole in the aluminum (?) quadrant.    Does anyone have suggestions on
getting the screw fitting out of the hole without damaging the fitting or
the quadrant.  Access is quite limited.   See photos at:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xWoCWrkJxzRaDLaF6

Thanks

Dennis

Andante