I don't think there is anything else holding the screw, just corrosion.
Try twisting, rocking, pushing and pulling.  I find PB Blaster pretty
effective too.

There should be 4 bolts that hold the 2 halves of the quadrant together.
If push comes to shove you might just disassemble there.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD