Probably a simple case of the "C&C smile".  This has been discussed ad
nauseum on this list.  Many of us on this list have experienced it and
repaired it.

In its most frequent occurrence, properly torquing the keel bolts and
epoxying a couple layers of glass tape over it will fix it.  Here's some
pics of the smile on my 35-1:

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/doityourself/smile/index.htm

That smile was fixed by torquing the keel bolts, digging out some crumbly
stuff at the hull/keel interface, filling the dug out areas with epoxy
glass, layering 4 inch biaxial tape over the hull/keel joint, fairing and
painting.  20 years and 14,000 nautical miles of sailing in all conditions
later, it has not recurred.

Many of us on the list have similar experience with the smile.

Very infrequently, more action is required.  This involves dropping the
keel and resealing the joint.  There may be a void or two or a structural
weakness around one or more of the keel bolts.  Again, this has only been
observed infrequently.  There are folks on this list that have experience
with that.

Again, the most common occurrence is fixed by properly torquing the bolts.
Here's a link to the torque specs posted on the C&C site:
http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/doityourself/torquebolts/torquebolts.htm

It was hard to tell in your pics, what is under the keel bolt nuts?
Another critical piece of fixing the smile is stainless washers or plates
under the nuts.  Many  early C&C's had steel plates which degraded allowing
the keel bolts to become loose.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA