From: CnC-List On Behalf Of David Knecht via CnC-List
Sent: 10 December, 2019 14:49
To: CnC discussion list CnC <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: David Knecht <davidakne...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Mechanical shaft seal options

I second David’s comment. I had a dripless on my first boat and stuffing box on
current boat.  The only thing I have had to do with my stuffing box since
repacking 5 years ago is tighten it slightly twice.  It is less effort than a
dripless (no burping) and has much less (zero?) possibility of a catastrophic
failure.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT