From: Ken Heaton via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: 2019-12-11 10:57 (GMT-05:00)
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Ken Heaton <kenhea...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Mechanical shaft seal options

Is yours vented?  The vent was added some years ago. With it you never need to
burp the seal.  We don't have the vent so occasionally we do have to burp it.
If I ever replace it I will put the same dripless, but with the vent.

Ken H.

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 at 13:48, Josh Muckley via CnC-List
Alright folks,

I'm looking for thoughts on a replacement for my PYI dripless shaft seal.  It
has worked fine and I'm not afraid to stick with it but I'm looking for
possible options or improvements.

I've heard of Tides Marine making one and Sailor Sam's sells 4 different
designs by the name Last Drop.

I'll be pulling and truing the shaft, rebuilding the prop, replacing the
cutlass bearing, replacing the seal.  Anything else I'm forgetting while I have
it apart?

Thanks,
Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk