David
I have a Hood Vectron main that I bought for racing in 2007.  It is now my cruising sail and still has reasonable shape and would recommend it.  A J30 skipper was so impressed with it that he bought one for cruising (Vectron was not class legal for racing on a J30). However, since the Hood loft got bought by Quantum (2017) I do not know if the cloth would still be available, It was last year but I had to ask the Loft.  I have attached a fairly technical exploitation on sailcloths and below is a newer article found in Practical Sailor:
https://www.practical-sailor.com/sails-rigging-deckgear/sailmakers-advice-and-prices

Don Kern
Fireball C&C 35 Mk2