Exactly what I run! All year!
 plus a small stand up oil filled heater for the real extreme
Otherwise no issues so far

John Conklin
S/V Halcyon
S/V Heartbeat
www.flirtingwithfire.com

On Jan 21, 2020, at 3:59 PM, Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

I keep two of these on my boat.  Of course, you need 120 VAC for them.

https://www.amazon.com/Caframo-Limited-9406CAABX-Dehumidifier-Circulator/dp/B0009L675W

These heater fans are very light just a couple pounds, if that.

During the cooler months I put one on the cabin sole in the galley area and one
on the cabin sole forward of the head.  Touche' has a day/night solar vent in
the head.  So one heater fan is forward of the vent; one aft.  I never see
condensation on the boat.

During the summer months, I place a single heater fan on the cabin sole in the
center of the saloon.  Again, I never see condensation.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 1:18 PM Bill Coleman via CnC-List
I wonder if anyone has any profound opinions on condensation, two aspects in
particular I am concerned with.
One is in the engine, I have seen boats who have plugged the exhaust pipe(s),
and maybe even the intake inside the boat –

And also in the cabin. I usually leave a hatch and something else on the other
end of the boat open, so some air can circulate throughout the winter.
Then I began to doubt the usefulness of this a couple weekends ago, when It hit
71 here, and was still 45 down in the cabin.
I noticed lots of condensation below, which really bothers me.

Does anyone know what the best solution is ?

Bill Coleman
Erie PA