Grenadine is going into her second season with a hull paint job done in October
2018.  It was four coats of Interlux Brightside, rolled and tipped, with
successively finer sanding before each coat and successive thinning of the
paint each coat.  I let the paint harden over the winter of 2018/2019, then put
on two coats of carnuba wax in the spring (after repainting the boot stripe and
putting her name decals back on).  I hired the bottom and hull painting out to
a guy named Larry Hofarth whose business is named Sailboat Spa.  Very happy
with his work, and how the boat looked last season (photos at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AgG7585KNUspS1W8TsyUGq8hFgeP997h
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AgG7585KNUspS1W8TsyUGq8hFgeP997h>).  He
power-sanded the bottom and put on two coats VC-17, and last summer he painted
the deck, cabintop, and cockpit for me while the boat was in her slip.

In the next few weeks I’m going to touch up a couple scratches and put on
another coat of wax.  Too early to tell how well the paint job will hold up
over time.

This was at least her second paint job.  I could tell from scratches before
getting her painted that a previous owner had put grey primer over the gelcoat,
then painted the boat her original red color.  The original gelcoat had faded,
and the previous paint job was badly oxidized.

Cheers,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine
C&C 30 MK I #79