I did cable ties...either I did it wrong or the mast was too tall for its
utility.  Did not work.

Sent from my Android. Please forgive typos. Thank you.

________________________________
From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Nathan Post via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 8:21:51 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Nathan Post <nathan8...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List securing cables in mast

Joe,

The cable tie method was my original plan - then started reading about it and
it seemed that conduit might be a superior long term solution - hence starting
this thread.  The cable ties will definitely be easier, faster, and less
expensive.  Biggest drawbacks are that I would have to prepare and feed the
whole bundle in from the bottom (preventing me from leaving a large connector
which came pre-installed on the top end of the cable since I couldn't get it
out of the mast) and that it is much harder to add something else at a later
time.  With .  I am still unsure what the relative tangling/chafing hazards are
with the internal halyards with each approach.  In particular with conduit it
isn't clear in my mind how to end it in a "safe" way near the top of the mast
(without taking the mast head off which I am not keen on doing).

Thoughts?  Have you implemented the cable tie approach yourself?  Did it work
well for you over the long run?

Nathan

~~~
Nathan Post