From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of Shawn Wright via
CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:27 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Shawn Wright <shawngwri...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List securing cables in mast

I had hoped to pull our mast soon, but with the mast crane out of service due
to covid, it will have to wait. Some great info on this thread, so I will save
it.

One option for thinner PVC is to use white (water) PVC, which you can get in a
CL200 rating (at least in Canada) for light use; it is a bit thinner walled,
and UV resistance is not an issue inside the mast. You could also seek out
aluminum electrical conduit, which will be even thinner. Regarding sizing, I
just installed two 3/4" conduits (grey electrical type) through the bilge for
wiring, and was able to get the wiring for both Garmin and Standard horizon
depth sounders through one conduit by staggering the connectors - two 7 pin DIN
twist lock, and one RCA for the old SH unit. Once the connectors are through,
there is plenty of space for smaller cables.

Holding the conduit in place while drilling and riveting might be challenge
also. Too bad the mast doesn't have a wire track like some of the newer ones.

--

Shawn Wright

shawngwri...@gmail.com <mailto:shawngwri...@gmail.com>

S/V Callisto, 1974 C&C 35