From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of Della Barba, Joe
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2020 10:38 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Della Barba, Joe <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Keel movement in C&C 24

Wow – sorry to hear about this :(

First off, do NOT troubleshoot this in the water unless prepared to swim home!

I think you can do the “survey” yourself, just have the boat in the slings and
grab the keel. It sounded like a pretty obvious issue. Assuming you find this
is actually a problem, there is a decision to make. It will be cheaper to buy
another boat than pay to have this fixed. As a DIY project, the cost is not
huge. I would guess $500 or less in epoxy, wood, glass, and miscellaneous
items. The PITA factor will be high, a lot of cutting, grinding, and sanding
lying on your belly will be involved. Only you know how badly you want the boat
fixed.

Some of us have done something similar, I did my mast step back in 1994 or so.

Joe Della Barba Coquina C&C 35  MK I

www.dellabarba.com <http://www.dellabarba.com>