From: Rob Ball via CnC-List<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 10:39 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Rob Ball<mailto:r...@edsonintl.com>
Subject: Stus-List Main sheet Traveler Location

Designing a cockpit to include the traveler is the biggest challenge . . . . .
On the bridge deck - good for the crew to trim the main, but deadly for moving around the cockpit . . . . . Aft by the binnacle is good for trimming and good for short handed sailing but again is very awkward to use the cockpit for comfort or movement . . . . . Forward of the companionway solves all cockpit moving around hurdles but indeed forces extra structure in the deck construction, a stronger boom, and stronger mainsheet. And, as suggested makes it challenging for short handed sailing . . . . .
There was/is not perfect solution . . . . .
Hunter solved it with a big structural Bimini-type rail to carry the traveler up high, but I could never bring myself to do that to the aesthetics of our designs . . . . .

Rob Ball. C&C 34

.