How about the 70s vintage aluminum framed portlights? I understand I will
need new rubber inserts (Catalina direct has been suggested, but not sure
if there is a source in Canada?), but is Dow 795 also suitable for the
frame to deck seal?

I'm thinking I will fill the void between the deck and liner with epoxy,
after stuffing a foam gasket around the joint and inward about 3/4" to
contain the epoxy, so there is a stiffer surface. From the factory there
were wooden shims and a few gobs of epoxy or similar, but most of the void
is wide open.

I know I could upgrade to newer portlights, or maybe try to go frameless,
but want to keep the look of the original if I can make it work well. I was
thinking of buffing the frames to a shine, although not sure how long it
would last...

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com