From: CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2021 9:10:08 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: CHARLES SCHEAFFER <cscheaf...@comcast.net>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Question for the group;

I love my C&C but if I had enough money, and my wife was into it, we'd have a
really good time with a catamaran.

Catamarans;  Check out a couple of world travellers who have logged thousands
of miles on multihulls before trading up to catamarans;

Checkout YouTube.com
"sailing la vagabonde" is an Australian couple who have crossed the Atlantic
three times in their 45 footer.  Presently in the Azores.

"sailing Zatara" is a Texas family of five presently sailing the Pacific
islands on a 58 footer. They are in Figi.

There are episodes of stormy weather but you have to hunt to find them between
all the hiking, sightseeing,  kiteboarding and SUP and surfing and diving
episodes.

A big catamaran is like two monhulls with a bridgedeck so it's gonna cost twice
what a monohull would cost.  But there's no lead ballast, so they don't need as
much sail area to get going.  I would think it is easier to find dockage for a
50 ft cat, than for an 80 ft monohull, and one person can reef the smaller
mainsail.

Chuck S